A little bit about Des Mc Enaney, Certified EMDR Therapist & Consultant, Registered Social Worker, Psychotherapist
I first started working as an EMDR therapist in 2008, and later I became an EMDR Consultant. From the start, I have helped adults, adolescents, and children overcome all kinds of traumas, phobias, and fears. Currently, I am a member of the EMDR Canada Board of Directors. Previously, I was a Board member of EMDR Ireland, and I was on the Child & Adolescent committee of EMDR UK, where I organized continuing education for EMDR therapists working with children and adolescents.
For over 20 years, I worked as a social worker in Ireland, in child protection, and fostering, and as a civilian social worker with the military. For the last 15 years, I operated a psychotherapy practice, with EMDR Therapy and EMDR Consultant work being the main focus. My aim has always been to work myself out of a job, by helping people overcome the difficulties holding them back from living a full and happy life. I love the work that I do, and it is a privilege to be able to help someone like you heal from traumatic events that life has brought to your door. I am optimistic and hopeful in my approach. I work with your best interests in mind.
- EMDR Certified Therapist and EMDR Consultant
- Currently undertaking a PhD in Psychotherapy
- MSc in Psychological Research Methods - The Open University, UK
- Master of Arts, Mediation and Conflict Resolution, University College Dublin, Ireland
- MSc in Occupational Psychology, University of Leicester, UK
- BSc in Counselling and Psychotherapy, Middlesex University, UK
- Bachelor of Social Work, University College Cork, Ireland
- Bachelor of Arts, English Language and Literature, University College Dublin, Ireland
- Registered Social Worker, Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- EMDR Canada - Board Member