Hi. I'm Davy Hutton
Davy Hutton has a Post Graduate (University) qualification in Clinical Supervision; & MSc. in Psychological Trauma Management. He is also an EMDR Consultant Supervisor and Facilitator. As a Consultant Psychotherapist, he has extensive experience in working with anxiety, depression, adverse childhood experiences and developmental/complex trauma, human trafficking, abuse, sexual abuse & childhood/clerical sexual abuse; physical and emotional abuse, and clinical supervision. Based in Northern Ireland his work over the last 15 years has been with the victims of numerous atrocities i.e. bombings, shootings and multiple murder bids. He has been employed on a consultative basis by organizations, to overview their trauma protocols/procedures; manage managers etc and suggest amendments to working practices where necessary. Currently he is the Clinical Lead of an organization working with victims of The Troubles and their families. Over this period Davy has been fascinated by the creative use of metaphor and symbolic resources, during EMDR therapy. Depression and anxiety are very common concerns for a lot of people. With all my clients there is a collaborative case conceptualisation and we jointly agree a way forward. I have trained extensively in managing psychological trauma and you can benefit from my extensive experience and qualifications.
Supervision from a Post Graduate (in Clinical Supervision) qualified EMDR Consultant Supervisor and BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor.
I supply counselling and management supervision to various private and charitable organisations. I supervise counsellors/psychotherapists from all over the U.K. & Ireland. This is to assist and develop their skills/abilites to perform their duties.
The supervision will be from a developmental theoretical perspective, integrated with the Page and Wosket Cyclical Model, contained within supervisee friendly, core conditions. The supervisee should expect to develop professionally under supervision, as theoretical and clinical experience increases.
“Topics for learning might include developing skills in a particular model or theoretical approach to the work, might include the number and types of cases to be seen over a specified time scale, or be focused on supervisees learning more about their own responses to the work, where their strengths lie and the identification of and work on blind spots.” (Scaife, J. 2001)
I have a Post Graduate qualification in Clinical Supervision From the University of Derby.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master of Science (MSc)Psychological Trauma Management - University of Ulster studying up to date research and thinking of how to work safely and effectively with trauma in all its facets
- Post Graduate Certificate in Clinical Supervision - University of Derby
- BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor (in a cohort of less than 5% of BACP's 45,000 members)
- EMDR Europe Accredited Consultant Supervisor
- BACP Accredited Psychotherapist
- April 2019 Presenter at EMDR Canada Conference in Vancouver on "The Creative use of Metaphor in Complex Trauma work."
- September 2019 Keynote Presenter at Lambeth Palace, London on how to work safely and effectively with Complex Trauma and Sexual Abuse, including Gaslighting and Coercive Control.
- April 29th 2019 Presenter along with Professor Ad de Jongh (Netherlands) at Killyhevlin Hotel Enniskillen at trauma training in collaboration with School of Clinical Psychology Queens University Belfast.
- November 2018 Director of Counselling for an organisation working with clients' with Complex PTSD. Develop protocols and procedures to work effectively with this client base.
- March 2018 Presenter at the EMDR UK and Ireland national conference at Royal College of Physicians in London on "Symbolic Resource Installation during EMDR processing to ameliorate Phobic Anxiety."
- 2016 - 2018 Director of Counselling for a community-based organisation
- 2017 Presenter at a National Safeguarding Conference in the University of York on "Trauma and its Consequences."
- 2018 - 2016 :- school governor (DofE) at Lakewood Special School
- 2015 - 2013 :- Lecturer in Level 6 Counselling Supervision and for various training organisations
- 2015 Post Graduate Interpersonal Therapy training by Nottingham NHS Teaching Hospital on N.I.C.E. evidence based therapy for Depression
- 2010 - 2015 Counselling Director for community organisation
- 5 day training by Ricky Greenwald (Child Trauma Institute USA) on working therapeutically with young people and trauma